by Briana Harry
Happy Women’s History Month! Much like Black History Month, this is certainly a time to highlight the people, but that highlighting should most definitely stretch beyond these 31 days. If we asked 10 Women what being a Woman meant to them, we’d get 10 different answers, at least! There is so much to it. There are so many ways to define Woman-ness and the list just keeps on growing.
For all of our downs, there are so many ups, and that’s the most important thing to celebrate. Let this playlist serve as an empowering soundtrack for so many of the definitions of being a Woman. These Women have sang the songs of our souls. Here’s to being a Woman, whatever it means to you; however that looks in your life. As long as you allow yourself to dance your way through it.
- I’m Every Woman x Chaka Khan
- Respect x Aretha Franklin
- Stronger x Britney Spears
- Formation x Beyoncé
- She Works Hard For the Money x Donna Summer
- Django Jane x Janelle Monáe
- Not Tonight x Lil Kim, Da Brat, Left Eye, Missy Elliot, and Angie Martinez
- Just Fine x Mary J. Blige
- Ladies First x Queen Latifah & Monie Love
- Man! I Feel Like a Woman x Shania Twain
Find this playlist on Apple Music, or curate wherever you listen to your tunes. Enjoy and celebrate Women!